A list of upcoming events from the friends of St. James. We hope that you take advantage of and enjoy the many opportunities available to us in the Pitt County area!
Hospice Volunteers can:
– Offer comfort, companionship, and spiritual support to patients.
– Offer respite & support for family members by running errands, shopping, cooking, or doing chores giving the family a break.
– Provide support to grieving families by assisting with support groups and assisting with bereavement mailings.
– Assist staff at Kitty Askins Hospice Center in various roles, including answering phones or delivering meals.
– Get involved with the agency’s fundraising efforts.
– Volunteer at Wings Camp for Grieving Children & help children learn skills to deal with grief.
Training is provided for all volunteers.