A list of upcoming events from the friends of St. James. We hope that you take advantage of and enjoy the many opportunities available to us in the Pitt County area!
As a volunteer, you will be able to give back to your community in a gratifying, intellectually stimulating, and emotionally meaningful way. Volunteers are able to determine how much time they give each week, typically up to 2-4 hours or more depending on your personal preference and availability.
The 16 hour training is especially designed to prepare Volunteers to perform this vital service. All training is provided free of charge by Vidant Home Health and Hospice Volunteer Coordinator.
Our next Volunteer Training is Monday, February 20, 9am-4pm, and Tuesday, February 21, 9am-3pm. It will be at Vidant Home Health and Hospice, Service League of Greenville Inpatient Hospice, 920 Wellness Dr., Greenville, NC 27834. Click here to download a flyer.
Hospice Volunteers can:
– Offer comfort, companionship, and spiritual support to patients.
– Offer respite & support for family members by running errands, shopping, cooking, or doing chores giving the family a break.
– Provide support to grieving families by assisting with support groups and assisting with bereavement mailings.
– Assist staff at Kitty Askins Hospice Center in various roles, including answering phones or delivering meals.
– Get involved with the agency’s fundraising efforts.
– Volunteer at Wings Camp for Grieving Children & help children learn skills to deal with grief.
Training is provided for all volunteers.