Employment Opportunities at St. James
St James United Methodist Church is accepting applications for the position of evening part time custodian. Work to be completed in no more than 3 hours per evening, 6 days per week. For an application and additional information contact the Don Harvey at (252) 752-6154, email@example.com
The Children’s Area Custodian shall be:
- Energetic and take pride in keeping the Children’s Area clean
- Physically capable of carrying out the required activities
- Flexible in availability to accommodate the schedule of Church activities
The Children’s Area Custodian shall:
- Be considered a staff member and meet with Facilities Manager, as needed
- Be responsible to the congregation through the Facilities Manager
- Conduct and present themselves in a manner fitting a church staff member
- Be responsible for the cleanliness of the complete Children’s Area facilities ensuring that it is presentable at all times for use
St. James United Methodist Church is seeking a Christ-following individual with a heart to oversee an exciting ministry. St. James is a leader in ministering to students throughout our community. We wish to see our youth grow in their knowledge and love of Jesus Christ while being challenged to live out their faith beyond the walls of the church building. The vision for student ministry is to build authentic relationships – relationships that go beyond our walls and into the community which we live and serve Christ.
The primary role of our Director of Student Ministries will be to create an energetic and missional youth ministry within the church and beyond. We believe that youth ministry is accomplished best with a great team. An important part of the job will be recruiting and developing volunteer leaders. This person will also be responsible for creating/selecting excellent and relevant teaching curriculum for all youth related activities.
The right candidate will be energetic, exciting, and risk taking. They will demonstrate leadership skills, be committed to serving our students from middle school though college age, be willing to serve a year-round ministry, and be willing to cast a vision that will grow the Kingdom of God through Youth and student ministries.