Growing In Grace Program
A ministry of the St. James United Methodist Women
To encourage the physical, mental and spiritual growth of children in our community through nourishment of the body and soul.
Each Friday, we fill backpacks with non-perishable food to provide children in need with nourishing meals they might not receive during the weekend without these supplementary items.
School Break Program
Prior to each extended break during the school year, we packs paper boxes with 10 days worth of food and deliver them to participating children’s homes to ensure they have food to sustain them during days they are not in school to receive subsidized breakfast and lunch.
At Christmas and Easter, we host parties for children participating in the Growing in Grace program that give them an opportunity to feast on a nutritious meal and participate in fun activities, while giving us an opportunity to share the love of Christ.
Vacation Bible School and Church Activities
In addition to programs administered specifically for Growing in Grace, all participating children are invited to attend church-sponsored activities including evening and daytime Vacation Bible School. These activities give them an opportunity to interact with other children, participate in Christian activities and grow in their faith.
or via phone at
or via phone at
Opportunities to Contribute
Through God’s grace and your support, we will continue to bless these children by nourishing their bodies with food and their souls with spiritual growth.
• Donate individual sized, non-perishable foods.
– Protein: Chef Boyardee lunch buckets, Vienna Sausages, Beanie Weenies
– Drinks: Juice Boxes, Capri Suns
– Fruit: Applesauce, Fruit Cups, Raisins
– Breakfast: Cereal, Pop Tarts, Breakfast Bars
– Snacks: Granola Bars, Pretzels, Chips, Animal Crackers, Nabs, Pudding Cups, Gelatin Cups
• Contribute monetarily to the program.
• Sponsor a child for the school year ($18/month or $180/year).
• Volunteer your time.
• Pray for the children participating in the program.