Current News and Announcements at St. James
We are the Harding family! My wife and I moved to Greenville, NC eight years ago to help plant Ignite Church as youth pastor and children’s pastor. The last eight years has been a very fruitful time of helping others grow in their relationship with God, as we continued to grow in relationship with God. Over the past year God has called our family of seven to Uganda, Africa.
In Uganda we will be working with a ministry called Arise Africa International. Over the past 20+ years they have planted over 250 churches in and around Uganda! They are also involved in many other ministry projects such as building schools, hospitals and feeding the hungry, just to name a few.
Our family officially flies out of Raleigh, NC on March the 27th! We are so excited about this new adventure God is calling us to, and want to share with you some ways you can help us fulfill God’s calling on our family.
1. PRAY – Cut out a picture of us and put it on your fridge! We believe greatly in the power of prayer and its importance in everything we do. Pray for the people of Uganda, for Arise Africa and their many ministries and for our family as we partner with them to preach the Gospel! You can also sign up for our newsletter at our website so you can stay up to date on our ministry and prayer concerns.
2. SHARE – Write a quick couple of sentences about us on Facebook and share our website (www.reallifehardings.com)! We want to have as many people praying for us as possible so help us get the word out!
3. GIVE – Prayerfully consider partnering with us financially to reach the lost in Uganda and make disciples of ALL nations! You can do so by clicking on “GIVE” in the top right corner of our website. All donations are tax deductible!
* Listen to a prior week’s sermon.
* Quick connection to the church’s email, phone or facebook page.
* Immediate notifications of critical information or weather closings.
Altar flowers are a wonderful way to honor a special occasion (birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, baptisms, holidays, etc.) or remember loved ones and friends who have passed away. Is there someone that you would like to honor?
Kairos Maury Prison Ministry
There is an exciting ministry in eastern North Carolina that helps us fulfill Jesus’ teaching. It is the Kairos Maury Prison Ministry. This is a volunteer driven, not for profit ministry that is striving to build a church behind the walls of Maury prison. Their mission is “to share the transforming Love of Jesus Christ to impact the hearts and lives of incarcerated men, women, and youth as well as their families, to become loving and productive citizens of their communities.”
You know, a person does not have to travel to Africa, India, or any third world nation in order to do mission work; there is mission work right here in eastern North Carolina. There are a number of St. James members that would be happy to share their experiences with the Kairos Maury Prison Ministry. If God is leading you to serve him in a new way this year, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.